Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Preview!!

Because I loff you readers of my Imagination Journal, here's a super cool sneak preview of WG Ch. 16: "Let The Sound Take You Away".

We ran though the trees, our pace slowing as we grew increasingly weary. I stumbled on a rock and Micah screamed when he got a pine needle wedged in his eye, but we made it to the boundary of the Hogwarts grounds without any major injuries. Which is an accomplishment for a Quidditch team that was known as The Invalids only a few months ago.

Tegan came to a stop and we men of Gryffindor did the same. She glanced at her wristwatch, then peered through the trees, looking prepared for disappointment.

‘Stop hiding, H.U.W.!’ she shouted, oh so slightly snarling. ‘We don’t have time for your tricks, we’ve got limited practise time and an impending showdown with our greatest rivals!’

Then a cloud of smoke erupted to our right, and a familiar tall, balding man appeared before us.

‘You don’t have time for my illusions, McTegan!’ yelped H.U.W., looking hurt. ‘You don’t have time for my illusions!

7 comments:

Looks Cool.
I Love We Gryffies It Rocks!

April 22, 2008 at 8:11 AM  

Oh snap!
his illusions!

That's a really, really funny segment. That's what I like about your writing -you're able to be concise AND descriptive.

Tis rather brilliant me thinks. And you don't have to worry about converting me -my friend is addicted to them and wouldn't rest until I too developed a rather unhealthy obsession. 'Raggle Taggle Gypsey' used to be my favourite but I think i've listened to it too much.

whoops. that was stupid

This however sounds lovely.

Hope the writing is progressing well.

lol -do you name all your muses or is Rémy the only one?

Have fun and be careful -you never know where the words will take you!
~Cat

April 23, 2008 at 8:08 AM  

YAY! H.U.W. rules! I kinda like him.. he's a good character!
The preview is promising! :D

April 23, 2008 at 1:06 PM  

Thanks guys! I'm very excited for this chapter, cos I think it's going to be a good one...then again, I say that for every chapter.

And Cat -- I DO understand how Raggle Taggle Gypsy can get to be just too much. More than anything, I'm fond of the name ^_^. I know I've spoken of several muses but I think Rémy is the only one for me. He takes the form of a horseshoe crab...a horseshoe crab that goes on fantastic adventures. He went on a ski holiday to St Moritz a few months ago, for example.

April 23, 2008 at 4:25 PM  

Ooooo
a few months ago?
like he's back?!

April 23, 2008 at 6:50 PM  

oh god, H.U.W just gets crazier and crazier. i think he rivals james in being neurotic too, but totally beats him out in paranoia (is that how you spell it)

April 24, 2008 at 8:28 PM  

cat: there was a span of time around christmas where rémy totally ditched me...i was going through a lot of personal things and i couldn't write. but then i got happy again and rémy came back and it's all good!

anon: h.u.w. is james's foil in a weird, weird way. they're not blatant, like draco is harry's foil, but james and h.u.w. demonstrate different levels of mental instability. and you spelled "paranoia" correctly =D

April 25, 2008 at 10:58 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home