I'm trying to figure out how long We Gryffies will be, since I originally envisioned it to be five chapters. I have a plot and everything (it really is open-ended), and I know how I'm going to execute it, but I don't know how long I should drag it out for. I feel like 30 chapters could cover the end of the Gryffies' 7th year. But I wonder if I can stretch it to 50. Yeah, that would be awesome. But then it might go beyond Hogwarts...would it turn into the college years of Boy Meets World, then? Feeney following them off to university and Eric suddenly popping up, and Cory and Topanga getting marrried...hmm, doesn't seem We Gryffies to me. If I go 50 chapters, I have to figure out how to make it as little like Boy Meets World as possible.
Not that I don't love Boy Meets World. But they really should have ended it with their high school graduation.
OOH PLOT BUNNY REGARDING THIS VERY ISSUE. I mustn't reveal it, but I wonder if it would be too cheesy...it's not James and Tegan getting married, if that's what you're wondering ;).
Hmm, maybe the 50 chapters will come easier if I detail their summer vacations. Yeah, that'll work. Mmkay, good talk, guys =).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I think that I would love you drag it out for as long as you feel is necessary!
Anonymous said...
December 20, 2007 at 1:16 AM