Yeah, I'm a loser, blogging AGAIN. It's like in the Beck song: "I'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me?"
But I was just made a prefect at the HPFF forums and I'm EXCITED. I've already PMed people about their huge signatures and I love it! Plus, I'm a moderator at EHPF, so I think I'm going to go crazy with power. And if you didn't know, I'm a trusted author too. I'm gonna go all Slytherin and usurp the power!
I have one stupid recommendation that's definitely Mature. Like, not as bad as Superbad, but the language is coarse. However, it's the funniest web series I've ever seen: Clark and Michael (M). It was written by Clark Duke (who's on some show called Greek that I've never heard of) and Michael Cera (who you better know or I will hurt you).
CBS paid them to write and shoot ten mini webisodes, and it's TOTALLY my brand of humor. In fact, my current avatar ("no bathroom stuff!") is from Episode 2. Clark and Michael play themselves, as struggling screenwriters with delusions of grandeur. They can't seem to sell their show and they blame it on everyone but themselves. They're best friends and totally embrace their guy love, which is a theme in We Gryffies. So, if you're not afraid of strong language, I highly suggest it. Michael Cera is a sweetie, of course, and Clark Duke plays his lovely foil. It's silly and sweet and stupid and brilliant and full of vulgar language. The title sequence is the most amazing thing I've ever seen, and when you see it, you'll know why. Plus, Buster and Tobias from Arrested Development guest star, as well as Mitch Hurwitz, the AD creator.
I've warned you: if you can't handle something like Superbad or Knocked Up, Clark and Michael is too much. But: I love those guys. I tried to make a film like this in high school and failed miserably. They have succeeded.

do I know Michael Cera?
pfft!
We're tight *crosses fingers*
can't even believe you'd ask that
pfft
and about the Saskia Lin-ness
...
is there a word that's more encouraging that I can use than
oh-my-god-that's-fan-bloody-tastic?! Because I personally think that's a very succinct way of expressing my feelings on the matter.
Michael Cera...
=)
Anonymous said...
May 7, 2008 at 6:47 AM
good, cos i don't want to hurt you =). and i am so cool that michael cera is my character face on pottersworld. everyone else has like ashton kutcher and milo ventimiglia, but mikey cera is so better.
i owe you saskia lin peeps so much! i have played with your heartstrings too often. i don't love how this chapter is progressing, but i'm just getting warmed up. it's hard to go from James II to Albus Dumbledore to Saskia. such different narrators...
gryffindorseeker said...
May 7, 2008 at 2:09 PM