Okay, I did not mean to post three days in a row. That's why I'm a loser loser. Seriously, though, check out the Beck song. It isn't as emo as it sounds. It's Beck.
I've raised the rating for We Gryffies to Mature and wanted to proactively answer any questions. I could say that it gives me more artistic freedom, but that would be haughty. And I was asked to change it or edit it =P. I'm lazy...and I like the story the way it is.
If the rating change makes you not want to read the story anymore, I totally understand. I'm really sorry for changing it like that. But I should admit that there aren't going to be wild sex scenes anytime soon, or ever. (Nope, if James and Tegan ever do the deed, there would probably just be a mention. But I'm not guaranteeing anything.) I'm just being really cautious and leaving the Strong Language and Scenes of a Sexual Nature warnings up.
On a lighter note, I thought of a delicious plot twist regarding Tegan's family secrets. Oh, "secrets" in the plural? (I hear you ask.) Yes. Rhys and Eleni are tricky little buggers. You won't find out the first secret until the end of their seventh year, and the second until after 1 year out of school. Yeah, I'm planning on taking the story that far (if you'll have me!), but if I shorten it I'll just squeeze everything into a smaller span of time.
Okay, here's a clue to both secrets: Pineapple Wig.
Now, the clue might change depending on my whims, but the secrets will not. And if you can infer something from this entirely ambiguous clue, then snaps for you. There have been hints, even before I figured out the second secret.

It will be that long? YES!!! I could read WG forever.. Hope your muse doesn't ditch you!
As for the clue.. I'm really stupid at that kind of stuff, so I have no idea! It seems I will have to wait ! :(
Also I have no idea who will die.. but I hope none of the Gryffies!
Now I'm excited, and can't wait for the next chappy!
Maybe I will read Saskia! :D
Anonymous said...
May 8, 2008 at 3:04 AM
haha...i am giving no clues as to the ill-fated character who will kick the bucket. you're going to hateee me. but it's so crucial to James's transformation from a girl to a man!
and my Pineapple Wig clue...well, the secret(s) will pan out like an Arrested Development plot twist.
i hope you give saskia a go! i like writing as a girl, sometimes. and if i don't watch it, i'll end up writing WG forever...i have enough ideas to get to the generation AFTER the next generation
gryffindorseeker said...
May 8, 2008 at 3:28 AM
whoa....is this the just shoot me theme song?
Anonymous said...
May 8, 2008 at 7:10 PM
eee, thats great that saskia is eing worked on and i honestly have no idea what you mean be pineapple wig , so you'll have e really surprised when you reveal what the heack is going on
happy writing!
Anonymous said...
May 8, 2008 at 9:26 PM
ha, i know i'm being so self-deprecating...i've never seen just shoot me XD
unfortunately the gryffies have snuck back into my head and i'm writing james and saskia simultaneously. it's odd; they're different and the same.
blah, the saskia chapter isn't turning out as genius as i'd hoped...maybe i'll take a week or several off from writing and see where i end up
gryffindorseeker said...
May 9, 2008 at 2:54 AM
hmm...
...
pineapple you say?
hmm...
...
is the wig literally made of pineapples or are you using the noun as a reference to colour?
...
hmm...
hang on. Oh. My. God.
I just read someone's comment -someone dies?!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh. My. God.
I think I'll take a paper bag to go and hyperventilate in that corner over there.
Anonymous said...
May 10, 2008 at 3:24 AM
Pineapple Wig...hmmm...Pineapple...Wig. Wig Pineapple. Pine-applewig. Wigpine-apple. Pineapple Wig. I KNOW!! Eleni wears a wig that's the shape and color of a pineapple and Rhys doesn't like it and they had big argument over whether pineapples are good or not. :P
...
I'm so weird and rubbish at riddle stuff. XD
And following up on the 'someone dies' comment. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG.
Okay, I'm done using internet slang. But still...SOMEONE DIES! -hyperventilates with cat in the corner with a paper bag-
Anonymous said...
May 10, 2008 at 7:01 PM
It seems I have started an avalanche with my comment.. people will hyperventilate all over the world :D
Well, I have the "someone will die" thingy from the review responses...
And I'm not happy either :( But since my last comment I thought it over... I think it's Snuffles, James's old dog.. That would explain the developing in his character.. (unless is someone more important, and that means someone who is really close to him.. and I don't want to think about that posibility)--> all this brings back memories when we discussed the HP books :)
As for the future one- shot! YAY! A fic from gryfindorseeker brightens my day every time!
Anonymous said...
May 10, 2008 at 7:16 PM