Yeah, so we're studying West Side Story in my Broadway class now. I'm not in love with the dude who played Tony as much as Hugh Jackman in Oklahoma!, but the dancing in WSS is far superior. And Bernstein is the most brilliant composer of the 20th century, plus Sondheim wrote some sweet lyrics. But Oklahoma! is Rodgers and Hammerstein, and you can't go wrong with those crazy kids. Sigh...wouldn't it be awesome if real life was like a musical?
Down to business. I've got some good news and some bad news! Good news: I've posted a preview of WG Ch. 13 on HPFF and Elderly HP Fans forums, so check it out. It's only spoilery if you have a tendency to connect dots, and it will make you a bit confused. In the best way. Bad news: I'm only 1500 words into the chapter and it's not looking like a noteworthily long or exciting one! We find out who the mysterious stranger is, Dobby L. will counsel our hero, we may see the next gen equivalents of Marx Brothers or the archangels if it tickles my fancy, and the ending will be appropriately melodramatic. I'm in the middle of an identity crisis right now and have loads of time on my hands, so HOPEFULLY it'll be out by the Ides of March/James's birthday.
And if you care about my identity crisis...I quit crew. I coxed for the number 1 Division I women's crew team in the U.S. for over a semester, which is certainly exciting, but it wasn't for me. I was overtired, overstressed, and miserable. My grades suffered, I currently have two friends outside of crew, and I couldn't play my cello or write for the school paper. It was kind of like a cult, but now they've cut me loose and pretend that I never existed. Some feelings were hurt, mostly mine, because some very mean words were said, towards me, and I just have to move away from the negative forces in my life (cough ex-coaches cough). With time, I hope to write them into a story, because no matter how horrible they were to me, they'd make excellent, rich literary characters.
And since the last time I haven't had crew was in seventh grade, I'm going through the identity crisis most people have in middle or high school. "I don't know what kind of girl I am", sort of like Juno. But the real adventure begins now! Who knows, maybe I'll follow my heart for once and join a thespian troupe...
Thanks for reading =). It helps to get my feelings out, you know? I feel like I've been in an abusive six-year relationship...with a sport. When you're a rower it takes over your whole life, and now I have to pick up the pieces and make a new life.

0 comments:
Post a Comment