I know I haven't posted recently and that I probably seem like a lazy, good for nothing cotton-headed ninnymuggins, and to a degree that's true. But my grandma, who's had Parkinson's disease for almost as long as I've been alive, is in awful shape at a nursing home. We sort of expected her to go sometime after Christmas, since she's very weak physically and conversing with the other side. As in, chatting with the folks behind the veil. She'd spoken with a distant great-aunt of mine and knew she was dead before anyone told her, and the Virgin Mary wants her to cross over. So when my mom looked sort of fragile this morning, I thought my grandma died.
But my uncle did, last night. They think it was a heart attack (though he never had heart problems), but they have yet to perform the autopsy. I think he was sixty and had some health problems, but was fighting a losing battle with depression for the past few years. It's sort of been a huge shock to everyone, since we're all accepting that Grandma will inevitably go soon.
He's not my blood uncle (my mom's sister's husband), but he's the only aunt or uncle by marriage that's stuck around for as long as I've been alive. He didn't like children very much but he loved me and my brother, and I always saw him as this one constant in an ever-changing world.
The point is I don't know when I'm going to write again. I want to work on Ch. 13 of Life & Lies (even though 12 isn't even written), and you'll see why when I finally post everything. As you might imagine, I'm not in a We Gryffies or Saskia mood, so please be patient with those fics. But I figure those of you who read this blog are pretty hardcore readers who will totally understand, and I thank you. I will respond to reviews and get back into the saddle gradually and when I can.
I used to want the Cloak of Invisibility out of the Deathly Hallows, but I think I've changed my mind. I want the Resurrection Stone now. And not just because of Uncle Bill or Grandma, but too many people I'm close to have died in the past 7 years, especially the last 2.
Thanks, guys. It really means a lot that people like my stories.
Well, firstly, i'd like to utter my approvl of the word ninnymuggins....it's going up there on my list next to frickand schnicklepickle...
and secondly, don't worry about us!
take care of yourself before getting stressed about writing...you should be able to enjoy hpff.
so take some time to yourself, and we'll wait.
hope your year gets better!
XoXo
Anonymous said...
January 3, 2008 at 8:57 PM
I Agree With The Last Comment, HPFF isn't compulsory, and anyone who doesn't understand that is such a I-don't-want-to-swear-here.
I hope you feel better soon.
And don't worry about us! =D
xxx
Anonymous said...
January 4, 2008 at 8:35 AM
I second both above, we may love your stories but the driving force behind them is the author
point in place, take as long as you need -take care of you first
not a very ostentatious start to the year, I sincerly hope it improves for you
x
Anonymous said...
January 7, 2008 at 4:54 AM
Stay strong =]
I hope you feel better soon too.
My mum has Parkinsons Disease too, so i can imagine how you must be feeling.
And just like in the other comments,
Don't worry about your stories. You come first after all <3
xxx
Anonymous said...
January 18, 2008 at 3:29 PM
I miss you at HPFF, but take care of yourself and come back when you feel like it! Real life is obviously more important...!!!!
-JLHufflepuff
Anonymous said...
January 18, 2008 at 10:06 PM