Title is a quote by the wonderful Yogi Berra, whose intellect is truly dizzying.
I never really intended my imagination journal. to be this sombre*, but you can't always choose how your cookie crumbles. My grandmother passed away, and I'm just having a bad month.
There's been two deaths on my mum's* side of the family in a little over two weeks, and I kind of feel like Pink Floyd's 'Comfortably Numb'. I mean, my grandmother had Parkinson's Disease so it wasn't a shock or anything, but this is hard all the same. I was sort of named after her (her maiden name, at any rate), so now I'm the Reigning Kelly. I don't know if this is totally bizarre, but I can't help but think that we shared the same mitochondrial DNA, and now she's dead. Is that normal when your mum's* mum* dies?
So about fanfiction...eventually, I suppose. I want to start spring term (which is Wednesday...great timing!) with as few mental breakdowns as possible, and I really need to minimise** stress, so updates will probably be even worse. I'm really sorry, because lately I've been about as useful as a poopy-flavoured* lollipop, but you can't choose how your cookie crumbles. Sometimes you just take a bite of it and expect chocolate chips, but crack your tooth on a shard of radioactive metal.
*I like spelling things the British way.
**I don't really know if that's how the Britons spell it.
I'm very sorry for your loss(es). I hope you take all the time you need to recover mentally and physically (I hear rowing is pretty tough on the body; everyone and their brother 'cept me does it around here, which may be a dreaful mistake on my part...) before coming back to us. Of course, you(r stories) will be sorely missed in the meantime, but the preservation of your mind is way more important!
Condolences and virtual cookies,
Sarah (aka cognizant).
cognizant said...
January 22, 2008 at 12:41 PM