Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Operation Chunky Monkey

Planning out stuff here.


1) We Gryffies --> 50+ chapters? Depends on if we get through 7th year, but I have plans for post-Hogwarts ;)

2) Saskia --> How badly I want to finish her tale! But my muse is gone and writing is painful, so between 10-15 chapters. Basically I want to cover marriage, pregnancy, birth, baby names, and epilogue.

3) Everything else --> Up in the air. I do want to finish The World Is Not Enough and Romula and Remus desperately, but I'm in what I like to call my "crisis phase", in which every aspect of my life is falling apart except my coxing (ergo athletic) career. I'm depressed a majority of my days, which is bad, especially since my uncle died because of a heart attack caused by depression. Or so the doctors say. But he was really, really depressed, and then he died, so I'm worried. And since my real life is crumbling to pieces, fanfic can't be my priority.

Oh, and the staff "hid" Life and Lies because of inappropriate content or something, but it's an irritatingly ambiguous section of the ToS. I respect the staff for running a safe and efficient site, but of course I'm not pleased. Then again, writing about a depressed Dumbledore probably doesn't help my own depression.

Heath Ledger died, and that set me over the edge. Sorry if I sound like a disjointed raving lunatic, but it's almost 2 AM. I went to my grandmother's funeral yesterday, drove to school this morning, went to classes, ate very little food, and did fanfic stuff from dinner 'til now. Everyone in my dorm is drunk and happy, but I just can't drop down to that level of self-absorbed bliss right now. I cry and I'm running out of tissues.

So this is Operation Chunky Monkey, how I'm going to finish my fanfiction "career". We Gryffies is the most likely one to be finished, and Saskia a close second. The other ones are unlikely to be finished, but maybe I'll hand them off to another author if the plot bunnies are good enough.

Thanks for everything, guys. I'm not leaving or anything...but I need to wrap things up. I'll be around for the next year or two.

5 comments:

from what i've read of your stuff, its amazing. hilarious. honestly. i'm sad you might not be writing much longer, but i totally get that sometimes real life is more than overwhelming. if you outgrow fanfiction you might want to consider writing a real fantasy novel, you're good enough to.

~CSG

ps. i wouldn't do "the world is not enough" justice, but please find someone good to finish it because i really do love the idea

January 24, 2008 at 10:42 PM  

Hi, I'm so glad to have found this so we can chat. I'm so terribly sorry that you're going through a rough phase. I can't say I know how you feel, but my heart goes out to you, it really does. My only advice would be to take it one day at a time and try to find happiness in the little things. Watching some Gilmore Girls if you need giggles...I know you're a fan. I'm going to dedicate Chapter 6 of Lost at Sea to you because you definitely deserve it. :(

You can check my author's page for updates on how far I've gotten on the chapter. I'd like to say I'm about halfway done. I think the tone has definitely shifted, but that might be because I can't write serious stuff right now. I've been using fanfiction to just be silly and ignore real life (it actually helps, hint hint).

I really hope to finish Chapter 6 this weekend. I'm not sure though because I've been spending a lot of time at the forum I moderate at (The Dark Mark if you're interested).

I hope things brighten up for you and I wish you all the best.

*wicKeDwitch1316

January 25, 2008 at 1:10 AM  

hi.
um i'm HPsmartone32 from HPFF and i just read this because you are an awesome writer and i really like We Gryffies. i'm so glad that you've decided to finish it. and i'm SO SORRY about the deaths in your family. i know how you feel, trust me. so i'm sorry. really. but look on the bright side, you're year can only get better? it's not that bright, but hey, grasp onto the things you can.
over and out,
HPsmartone32

January 26, 2008 at 3:36 PM  

Hey,
christ I feel like a prick for saying this because I always get pissed when people say it to me when I'm upset and grieving.
I'm truly sorry for your loss.
I have no idea what you're going through but I do understand the Pink Floyd reference.

Last August a very good friend and her boyfriend were killed when a drunk driver crashed into Mikey's car. She was on her way to see me and I called Chloe's cell to find out why she was late and an SES serviceman who'd bagged her belongings told me what happened. I didn't understand it for almost 10 seconds after he hung up and the first thing I did was call Chloe because that's just what I did when something was wrong.

I'm suffering 'Reaction Based Depression' which is basically my psychologist telling me that it's ok for me to not feel anything at all.
I wanted to hit her personally but that didn't seem like it would help my overall mental health...no, I'd probably get shoved in a Hug-Me jacket...something I think I can do without.

I'm sorry for telling you that -yep, the feeling of utter buggermeness is sinking in. But I guess I just want you to know that though I love your stories I completely understand why they're not so important on the large scale.

It's when you loose your foundations you realise how much you really needed them. I wish so much I'd said more to Chloe than 'see you soon' because I'm not going to now am I? She and Mike were two of the kindest, most caring people I know.

I'm terrible at making people feeling better, but there's really nothing I can think of, it's a weird sort of communication with FanFiction, I wouldn't know you if I passed you in the street (kinda hard anyway given the different contries) but I've read some of your imaginings...well, I find it odd anyway

I'm going to go now and please feel free to delete this or print it off and ceremonially burn it. I'm not trying to cause harm, I just don't know how to say comforting things.

Your stories are amazing, the only conclusion I can draw from that is that you are an increible girl. You're going to get through this and come out the other end.

I really am sorry for your loss
Catriona
(~Smiling Ghost~)

January 28, 2008 at 3:27 AM  

your stories are really good, your saskia lin series really sucked me in. stick to your goals hopefully your year will be better!

February 19, 2008 at 10:03 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home