Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

The Happy Time Lord

Shut up, I've got Doctor Who on the brain. xD I loves it.

Sooo, let's debrief, shall we? 7000 words in on WG Ch. 18 and I still have a ways to go. I know that long chapters suck for some of you and I'm sorry, but I really want to avoid cutting this chapter in two. There's no good place to split it, you know? And I'm in school and I've got a couple thousand words to go, so let's be patient, yeah? I promise that when it's completed, it will be the Most Significant Chapter To Date. So I want to make it as perfect as possible.

And it's the infamous Christmas chapter! And here's a sneak preview for you all:

‘What’re you lads doing so deep in Knockturn Alley, lads?’ asked Giraffe-Neck MacDougal, his voice so hoarse that I wanted to offer him a throat lozenge. Sadly, I did not have any on me.

J.D. pointed at me. ‘He told me we were going out for ice cream!’

‘It was a fairly transparent ruse!’ I shot back. ‘Who eats ice cream in December?’

Smart people, that’s who!’ said J.D. ‘It’s already cold, so it doesn’t melt!’

‘He’s right, you know,’ Giraffe-Neck MacDougal said to me. ‘It’s cheaper too. Ice cream in the summer is one sticky, expensive mess.’


edit: ch. 18 is tentatively titled "the phoenix and the turtle." i think i'll ultimately go with it...

3 comments:

the Most Significant Chapter To Date?! caps ad all...wow....definitely worht the wait, then :)
ooh summer courses, have fun with that...

XoXo

July 9, 2008 at 7:58 PM  

'Ear, 'Ear! ;)

I cannot express how wonderfull this news is! :D:D

July 14, 2008 at 11:02 AM  

yayyy thanks guys =)

July 15, 2008 at 1:31 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home